30-Minute Dinner Recipes
- by Teva's Lift MS Team
- August 21, 2017
It’s time for our next installment of the By the Bite recipe series! We’ve already provided quick and easy snacks; now we’re going to focus on dinner! By the end of the day, MS fatigue may lower your motivation to cook dinner. These dinner recipes can be prepared in less than 30 minutes, leaving time to rest and take time for yourself. Even better, you can pull up a kitchen stool to rest while crafting these recipes.
According to the Multiple Sclerosis Society of America, it’s important for people with a chronic disorder like multiple sclerosis to maintain good health. Healthier eating and the same low-fat, high fiber diet recommended by the American Heart Association is one way that you could help achieve this goal. What and how you eat can also affect your energy levels.
Let us know your go-to quick and easy recipe in the comments below. We may feature your recipe in a future blog post or on the Lift MS™ Facebook page.
As always, be sure to talk to your health care provider before making any changes to your diet.
Easy Taco Salad (serves six)
- 1 lb. lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. taco seasoning
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/3 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium avocado, cut into cubes
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the lean ground beef or turkey and cook until browned, about 7-10 minutes.
- Add the taco seasoning and stir until combined.
- Layer all the ingredients in a large bowl. We like to start with the lettuce, add the ground beef or turkey, then continue to sprinkle on the remaining ingredients however you prefer.
- Grab a fork and enjoy!
Whole Wheat French Bread Pizzas (serves four)
- 8 oz. whole wheat French bread baguette
- 4 oz. sliced mozzarella cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- Slice the bread in half lengthwise, then in half crosswise (the bakery in your grocery store may be able to do this for you). You will end up with 4 slices of bread.
- Top the bread with the sliced mozzarella cheese.
- Place bread under the broiler for 2-3 minutes, or until the cheese melts.
- Remove the bread from the oven and top with the sliced tomatoes, drizzle with balsamic vinegar and add a little fresh basil. Be careful, the bread will be hot!
- Serve and enjoy!
If you think these recipes sound good, you should check out our recipes for sweet and tangy kebabs, Momma’s slow cooker chili and veggie lover’s quiche. While we’re talking about ways to make living with MS more manageable, you might want to check out a few MS-friendly tips for your home or these tips and tricks videos.
Register today to receive additional posts in your inbox. We’d love to keep you up-to-date on everything we’re up to!
More posts you might like
Get the latest posts
and resources from Teva's Lift MS.
Linda | September 21, 2017Trying to eat better and always looking for helpful recipes. Thanks