Delightful Holiday Treats
- by Teva's Lift MS Team
- October 24, 2016
Spice up your holiday parties and gatherings with these tasty recipes.
It’s our favorite time of year! The weather is getting cooler, everyone is getting in the holiday spirit, and family and friends are spending more quality time together. It is a time of year when people begin experimenting with their favorite recipes in order to find the perfect dish to bring to events and gatherings.
Speaking of favorite recipes, check out a few of ours below. From hearty chili to scrumptious peppermint popcorn, these dishes are easy to make and sure to impress.
Momma’s Slow Cooker Chili (serves four)
- 1 can (15 oz.) of chunky chili ready tomatoes
- 2 cans (8 oz.) of tomato sauce
- 1 can (15 oz.) of red beans
- 1 can (15 oz.) of pinto beans
- 1 can (11 oz.) of sweet corn
- 1 tbsp of chili seasoning
- 1 pound lean hamburger meat (optional)
- 1 cup of cooked rice
- Combine all ingredients except for the rice into a slow cooker. We recommend using a 4-quart or larger slow cooker.
- Set the slow cooker on low heat all day, or for about six to eight hours.
- Sit back and relax while the slow cooker does the work.
- Just before it’s ready to serve, cook the rice separately by following the instructions on the label.
- Add rice to the slow cooker and mix.
- Serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Simple Sweet Potato Mash (serves six)
- 6 sweet potatoes
- ¾ cup of milk of your choosing
- ¼ cup of butter
- Savory Option: Salt and pepper to taste
- Sweet Option: Maple syrup and cinnamon to taste
- Peel and chop the sweet potatoes into cubes of relatively the same size.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Add the chopped sweet potatoes and cook on medium heat until tender (between 20 and 30 minutes).
- Once softened, combine the sweet potatoes and butter into a mixer. You can also mash by hand if you prefer. Be careful! The sweet potatoes will be hot.
- Slowly add in milk, blending until you reach the desired consistency. Blend longer for a creamy mash, or less for a heartier texture.
- Optional: Spice it up! For a sweeter mash, add a splash of maple syrup and cinnamon to taste. For a more savory mash, add salt and pepper to taste.
Holly Jolly Peppermint Popcorn (serves four)
- 1 bag of lightly salted microwave popcorn (may consider organic or stovetop popcorn)
- 6 oz. bag of peppermint candies, finely crushed so that you have extra to dust on top
- 12oz. bag of white chocolate chips
- Crush the 6oz. bag of peppermint candies. We recommend using a food processor or blender.
- Pop the bag of popcorn by following the instructions listed on the bag.
- Place the popcorn in a large mixing bowl or pot.
- Melt the 12oz. bag of white chocolate chips in the microwave.
- Pour the melted chocolate evenly over the popcorn. Mix or toss to coat thoroughly.
- Sprinkle ¼ cup of the crushed peppermint candies over the popcorn. Mix or toss again to coat thoroughly.
- Add additional peppermint candy dust as desired.
Is your mouth watering? Ours is! Let us know what you think of these recipes in the comments below. We hope that you enjoy them as much as we do!
Our recipes are simple, as we want to help you find ways to spend less time cooking and more time doing the things you love. If you are looking for more ways to simplify day-to-day activities, check out our Tips and Tricks blog post!
More posts you might like
Get the latest posts
and resources from Teva's Lift MS.
Pat | October 28, 2016Sounds so awesome love these recipes!!
Jane | October 28, 2016I would like to find a way to get these recipes where I can save them for later to be able to print out.
Mary | December 13, 2016Thank you.
Etta | January 05, 2017~Yum! Thank You! That popcorn recipe looks fun! ~xo!
Teva's Lift MS Team | January 06, 2017It’s comments like yours that inspire us each day, Etta! Thanks for helping nurture the Lift MS community.
Lucille | January 09, 2017Thank you for the delicious and easy to prepare recipes!
Kerry | March 20, 2017Great recipe, and very easy. Thanks
Teva's Lift MS Team | March 20, 2017We’re glad you liked this, Kerry. We hope you’ll check back often for new content!