Holiday Treats With 5 Ingredients Or Less
- by Teva's Lift MS Team
- October 23, 2017
When you’re craving something sweet this season, the last thing you want is a recipe that takes forever to make. These two chocolatey treats can be made in less than 30 minutes and use five ingredients or less!
The time you save preparing these treats means you can spend more time enjoying them with family and friends. Find more ways to save time and simplify daily activities in this Tips and Tricks blog post. Sweets may be plentiful at gatherings this holiday season, but enjoying treats in moderation is one way to maintain the low-fat, high fiber diet recommended by MS specialists. Read how SueAnn, one of Teva’s patient advocates, makes a healthy diet a priority. As always, be sure to talk to your health care provider before making any changes to your diet.
The choco-nutty clusters are a great dessert to bring to holiday gatherings. If you’re looking for a healthier treat, the quick and easy apple snacks are a delicious option. Not only does it include a serving of fruit, but the peanut butter drizzle is a source of protein. Want to learn more ways to celebrate the holiday festivities while keeping health a priority? Learn how one family affected by RMS minimizes holiday stress together.
Do you have any recipes for sweet treats you can’t resist? Share them in our comments section below. We just might feature your original recipe in our next By the Bite blog post!
- ¾ cup almonds (about 20 nuts)
- ¾ cup pecan halves (about 20 nuts)
- ¾ cup walnut halves (about 20 nuts)
- 10 oz. bag of dark chocolate (we recommend using chocolate chips)
- Sea salt
- Melt the chocolate in a microwavable bowl in 30 second increments. Stir chocolate and repeat until fully melted.
- Add nuts to the melted chocolate and stir.
- Drop nuts into clusters on wax paper.
- Sprinkle a pinch of sea salt on top of each nut cluster. Make sure to do this before the chocolate has fully dried so the salt will stick. Then savor your sweet treat!
Quick and Easy Apple Snacks
- 3 - 4 green apples
- ¼ cup melted milk chocolate
- ¼ cup melted peanut butter (cashew or almond butter works, too!)
- Optional: almonds and granola
- Slice the apples into 12 round slices about a ¼ inch thick. Use a small round cookie cutter or knife to remove the core from the apple slices.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwavable bowl for 10 seconds. Stir chocolate and repeat until fully melted.
- Melt peanut butter in a separate microwavable bowl for 10 seconds. Stir peanut butter and repeat until fully melted.
- Place the apple slices on a piece of wax paper. Drizzle with the melted chocolate and peanut butter. For a tasty twist on this recipe, top with almonds or granola.
We hope you enjoy these simple sweet treats! Craving more? Try this peanut butter balls recipe made with honey and chocolate chips or visit our Facebook page to see more recipes!
Want updates on more posts like this By the Bite? Sign up here to have blog posts emailed directly to you!